[Gta04-owner] Problems updating the repository

Lukas Maerdian luk at slyon.de
Tue May 19 19:57:46 CEST 2015

Am 19.05.2015 um 19:14 schrieb L.B.:
> On 19/05/15 17:08, Lukas Maerdian wrote:

>>> Excellent, I'll give it a try. Thanks a lot!
>>>
>>> Lionel
>> Hi Alexandre,
>>
>> up to which commit does your image contain the new features?
>> I'm especially interested, if it already contains my hwrouting patches
>> (from 2015-04-08), because I'd be interested if somebody (GTA04a4 owner)
>> would give them a try... So Lionel could probably test them.
>>
>> Best,
>>   Lukas

> I just tried the version sent by Alexandre: unfortunately it does not
> include your hwrouting patches (unless there is a problem, since the
> sound is still patchy). Any chance to include them in the next image?

Sure!

If hwrouting is included, the sound shouldn't be patchy. You can also
check for hwrouting at /system/etc/ via 'adb shell', i.e. if there is a
tinyalsa-audio_hwrouting.xml and tinyalsa-audio_swrouting.xml available.
And which one is used as tinyalsa-audio.xml.

For a quick hwrouting test, you can also copy this file [0] to
/system/etc/tinyalsa-audio.xml (make sure to reset the correct
permissions via chmod & chown) and reboot. Please note that I didn't
test this by myself, yet, as I don't have a GTA04a4.

I should get a GTA04a4 from another developer soon. Then I can test and
improve the hwrouting myself. Once it's working for me I'm planning to
release a new goldelico-replicant image, which should then provide good
phone-sound quality and the other stuff I'm working on right now (i.e.
sensors).

Best,
  Lukas

[0]