[Gta04-owner] QtMoko & Kernel 3.12.7

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Wed Jul 29 20:02:44 CEST 2015

Hi,

Am 29.07.2015 um 19:49 schrieb Sebastian Reinhardt <snr at lmv-hartmannsdorf.de>:

> Hi,
> since two months I use QtMoko GTA04 with Kernel 3.12.7. Semms to work Ok.

Fine!

> But the battery time is only one day.

Yes, the 3.12 kernel is not good at power management but works. And the 4.1 kernel
is still missing important features. I hope this changes as soon as the GTA04A5 boards
become available and we get new momentum into the project.

> I figured out that debug kernel messages are activated by default.
> I tried to disable by Qtmoko's logging frontend, but a message was displayed:
> "update-rc.d: usind dependency based boot sequencing"
> and the kernel isd continuing with messages “w1_bq27000_read(,34)->....".
> So, how can I disable this to save energy?

Looks like a spurious printk() in your kernel tree.

The official 3.12.7 file should be here:

http://git.goldelico.com/?p=gta04-kernel.git;a=blob;f=drivers/w1/slaves/w1_bq27000.c;h=afbefed5f2c988fe98db5ded3c13c72479dcdf90;hb=a979d166c411287b7b5a8694b8743d9bc532d654