[Gta04-owner] [Community] [Announce] Goldelico Replicant Testing Snapshot (2015.06)

Lukas Maerdian luk at slyon.de
Wed Jul 1 17:48:56 CEST 2015

Am 01.07.2015 um 08:12 schrieb Christ van Willegen:
> On Mon, Jun 29, 2015 at 3:28 PM, Lukas Maerdian <luk at slyon.de> wrote:
>> It's time to announce a new testing release of the Goldelico
>> Replicant 4.2 distribution.
>
> I installed it onto my GTA04A4 on Monday evening.
>
>> * System: Configure hardware voice routing (A4+), for good in-call sound
>
> I can clearly hear the other party. but there is no sound going from
> the GTA to the other party. So far, I only checked outgoing calls,
> maybe incoming calls work. I'll test that tonight.

Hmm... I observed this issue while testing the setup. Usually the sound
from GTA04 started to work with the 2nd call. It did not work in the
inital call after bootup of the device.
Though, I though it would be fixed with the latest (released)
configuration... I might need to investigate further.

>> * RIL:
>
> I have been able to send an SMS once, but the second one failed. Also,
> I received an SMS.
>
> Is there a way to debug what's going on there? I also had trouble

You can use 'adb logcat -b radio' to see whats going on in the RIL and
Modem (which AT-commands are exchanged, etc.). Watch out for 'At+CNMI'
new message indications.

> receiving SMS on QtMoko, so perhaps it's a modem issue. I have a SIM
> card that's a few months old only. The SIM before that showed similar
> problems with SMS.
>
>> I'd like to encourage you to try this system in some situations of your
>> daily life and report all your findings, bugs and expectations here on
>> the list, so we can continue to polish this free operating system for
>> our free phone!
>
> Looking forward to it!! If I can be of assistance debugging stuff by
> looking at logs, sending commands, etc, let me know!

Thanks, I might come back to you!

Best,
  Lukas