[Gta04-owner] device tree bug regarding mmc/sdio

Andreas Kemnade andreas at kemnade.info
Sat Dec 19 10:19:19 CET 2015

Hi Marek,

On Sat, 19 Dec 2015 08:33:29 +0100
Belisko Marek <marek.belisko at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Andreas,
>

> On Fri, Dec 18, 2015 at 5:54 PM, Andreas Kemnade <andreas at kemnade.info> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I found out that the following code in omap_hsmmc.c
> > static int omap_hsmmc_configure_wake_irq(struct omap_hsmmc_host *host)
> > {
> >         int ret;
> >
> >         /*
> >          * For omaps with wake-up path, wakeirq will be irq from pinctrl and
> >          * for other omaps, wakeirq will be from GPIO (dat line remuxed to
> >          * gpio). wakeirq is needed to detect sdio irq in runtime suspend state
> >          * with functional clock disabled.
> >          */
> >         if (!host->dev->of_node || !host->wake_irq)
> >                 return -ENODEV;
> >
> >         ret = dev_pm_set_dedicated_wake_irq(host->dev, host->wake_irq);
> >         if (ret) {
> >                 dev_err(mmc_dev(host->mmc), "Unable to request wake IRQ\n");
> >                 goto err;
> >         }
> >
> > does not have the corresponding irq in the device tree.
> If you will chek documentation it is stating that it's only "hack" for
> am33xx cpu's.
> I discussed it with Neil some time ago and also this change was done
> by my colleague.

Just to check that I have understood it correctly:
am33xx cpus notice sdio irqs only when fclk is enabled or the wakeirq hack is used
other cpus notice sdio irqs independant of fclk so no wakeirq hack is needed?

So the code would be something like
if (cpu_is_am33xx()) {
  ret = omap_hsmmc_configure_wake_irq(host);
//      if (!ret)
                mmc->caps |= MMC_CAP_SDIO_IRQ;

} else
   mmc->caps |= MMC_CAP_SDIO_IRQ;