[Gta04-owner] Breakable USB port with GTA02 case

Adrien Dorsaz adrien at adorsaz.ch
Thu May 29 22:10:26 CEST 2014

Hello!

Last year I written on this mailing list that I had some errors with the
USB port on my GTA04 (inside a GTA02 case) and I've discovered that it
has been unsoldered.
So, last summer I've contacted an electronic shop and it was able to
solder it back on the motherboard (thanks for the good documentation ;))
with all USB functions working (data/charge).

After that, I was very careful using my USB port, but recently it moves
again when I plug/unplug the original OpenMoko charger and data
connection isn't anymore available.

As I don't want to go to my electronic shop every 6 months to solder it
back, I wanted to know if the 3D printed case make it less breakable ?
Indeed, I think that it isn't well maintained by the GTA02 plastic,
because the hole seems a little bit too big...

Best regards,
Adrien