[Gta04-owner] Replicant: EGL configurations without GPU ?

Adrien Dorsaz adrien at adorsaz.ch
Thu May 29 22:00:00 CEST 2014

Hello!

I'm testing the Golden Delicious' Replicant image of 17th May and I'm
very happy to see its good state, thanks !

As I like freedom, I prefer to use Firefox to browse the web and I've
noticed that on GTA04 it can be installed, but isn't usable (the UI
seems freezed and display only the navigation bar with the option menu
aside).

So I've run adb logcat to see if I'm able to help you supporting Firefox
and I've noticed this line :

        E/GeckoAppShell(  963): org.mozilla.gecko.gfx.GLController
        $GLControllerException: No available EGL configurations Error
        12288

Well, as I remember, we don't use the GPU on Replicant and if I
understand correctly this error, EGL is related to OpenGL which suppose
to have a (3D?) GPU.

Has anyone seen a Replicant configuration to emulate the OpenGL features
with CPU ? (IIRC, there's a mean with llvmpipe on standard desktop, but
I don't know if it's usable with Replicant).

I think it could be usefull to have such emulation for other
applications too (like games). Anyway, thanks for your great job!

Regards,
Adrien