[Gta04-owner] 3.16-rc5

Benjamin Deering ben_deering at swissmail.org
Wed Jul 16 13:26:23 CEST 2014

On 07/16/2014 04:50 AM, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am 16.07.2014 um 02:51 schrieb Benjamin Deering:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I spent  a little time with the new kernel today.
> Great!
>
>>   I noticed an error message (can't find the exact text now) that complained about the lack of control groups and delayed booting for 10 seconds.
> Ok.
>
> Well, our ALSA extensions (headset jack etc.) are broken. Therefore I have patches some driver to return -EINVAL. This makes amixer initialisation fail during boot.
>
>> If this isn't some SHR specific thing, I can send a patch to the config enabling them.
> Yes, please check.
I rebuilt again without control groups. Here is the message:
<28>systemd[1]: CONFIG_CGROUPS was not set when your kernel was compiled.
Systems without control groups are not supported. We will now sleep for
10s, and then continue boot-up. Expect breakage and please do not file
bugs. Instead fix your kernel and enable CONFIG_CGROUPS. Consult
http://0pointer.de/blog/projects/cgroups-vs-cgroups.html for more
information.
<28>systemd[1]: No control group support available, not creating root
group.

So it is systemd specific. I know debian is switching to systemd at some
point. Should I send the (very small) patch?