[Gta04-owner] alternate connection to i2c3

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Thu Jan 9 08:01:50 CET 2014

Hi,

Am 09.01.2014 um 01:50 schrieb Benjamin Deering:

> Hello,
>
> During I recent ski trip I really missed having a thermometer in my phone.  I had installed one in my gta02, but my gta04 still doesn't have one.
>
> I tried to install one a couple days ago, but I lifted the test pad for I2C3C.  Is there another place where I can access it?  I didn't see anything on the i2c page of the schematic.

Well, they are also routed to the B2B connector on the display side, but soldering small wires may lift those pads of as well, unless you use 0.1 mm enamelled copper wire.

What I can suggest is to simply use I2C2 (it still has bandwitdth for more I2C slaves) and tap the bus at the pullup resistors.

For the planned GTA04A5 board there would be a FFC connector for I2C3, but it can't be retrofitted to older GTA04 boards of course.