[Gta04-owner] Option AT commands

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Fri Jan 3 10:48:29 CET 2014

Am 03.01.2014 um 00:55 schrieb Neil Jerram:

> Stefan Rupp <struppi at struppi.name> writes:
>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> recently, while searching for something totally different, I stumbled
>> across the official Option AT Command documentation, directly available
>> from Option's official download page:
>> http://www.option.com/support/embedded-solutions/downloads
>>
>> Direct link to the file is here:
>> http://www.option.com/download?file=GTM6xx_Nyos_AT_Command_v046ext.pdf
>>
>> Maybe some of us GTA04 owners might find this interesting :)
>
> Thanks.  I noticed a couple of possibly interesting things.
>
> AT_OLCC apparently controls unsolicited call status, and is off by
> default on my GTA04:
>
> AT_OLCC?
> _OLCC: 0
>
> I wonder if it's what's needed to avoid the call state polling that was
> discussed here:
> https://lists.ofono.org/pipermail/ofono/2012-March/012528.html

If it really does what we assume, then it would be a really useful and important finding!

Interestingly it is not listed by AT+CLAC...

While looking over the AT+CLAC list, I started to wonder what the $QC commands are... Well, suddenly I got it: QC=Qualcomm.

And a little research did reveal another set of interesting commands:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=44389917&postcount=2

For example: $QCVOLT should measure the battery voltage. $QCSIMSTAT and $QCDNSP/S look also if we could do something useful with it.

> AT_OPATEMP reports the temperature near the power amplifiers, and its
> documentation indicates that there is a 'safe' value.  I wonder if
> exceeding that value might possibly cause a reset?

Hm. I am not sure if overtemperature would do a reset or just shut down the PA (i.e. go into airplane mode).
And the modem reset happens when an incoming call starts - after a period of silence. So the modem should not be too hot.

> AT_OGPS controls whether the modem's GPS is on, which would obviously
> use some unnecessary power - but I checked that on my GTA04 it's off:
>
> AT_OGPS?
> _OGPS: 0
>
> Just a few thoughts....

great thoughts!