[Gta04-owner] ANN: first replicant 4 with 3.12 kernel available

Hermann Schwärzler hermann.schwaerzler at chello.at
Fri Nov 22 10:43:47 CET 2013

Hello

On 11/20/2013 09:34 PM, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
[...]
> With the great work by Lukas, we now have the first kernel 3.12 and Replicant-4.0
> system that is in a good enough shape to ask you to help testing.
[...]
> The SD image (single partition to facilitate swapping with other systems) can be
> created/installed from here:
>
> http://download.goldelico.com/gta04-replicant/4.0/20131120-Replicant-4.0-3.12/
>

> Please note that we have just plumbed things together to make them work,
> but not yet debugged much. Please help to identify issues. Some of them may
> already be on our radar screen (e.g. F-Droid crashing immediately, modem support).
[...]

I installed that SD image onto the 3rd partition of my gta04 (that
normally runs qtmoko) on the device itself by creating a new ext3
filesystem on that partition, mounting it and untarring the tar.bz2-ball
into the mounted partition. After umounting and rebooting into that
parition I had Replicant up an running.

What exactly do you want me to test?

I found that WiFi is not running and cannot be switched on.

Resume from sleep seems not to work. Should it work? If yes how do I
initiate it?

Greetings
Hermann