[Gta04-owner] SGX drivers again (was: Fwd: [beagleboard] SGX drivers on Kernel 3.8.13)

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Thu Nov 21 08:22:09 CET 2013

Hi Josua,

Am 21.11.2013 um 00:00 schrieb Josua Mayer:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I have been checking the latest available Graphics SDK by TI again and found 2 new releases:
>
> 1) 4.10.00.01   (http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/RN_4_10_00_01)
> Apparently Xorg support is now available for linux 3.8 which might allow us to use it with the 3.7-neil-plus kernel.

I think that one is already integrated in the 3.7-neil-plus. Or is it 4_9? I don't remember exactly.

> 2) 5_00_00_01_alpha (http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/RN_5_00_00_01_alpha)
> I am not sure where to get this one, but the release notes say that linux-3.12 is supported. Xorg is still missing though.

I have found it for download:

http://tigraphics.blogspot.in/2013/11/4q-2013-linux-graphics-sdk-release.html

It looks good but apparently it requires some patch(es) to linus/master that are not in the 3.12 main tree and not even in 3.13-rc0.
Something with an API extension for drivers/reset. So I have to locate and apply these patches first.