[Gta04-owner] Voice routing

Andreas Kemnade andreas at kemnade.info
Wed Nov 13 16:46:03 CET 2013

Hi,

On Wed, 2013-11-13 at 12:12 +0100, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
> Hi,
> I have started to analyse the voice routing patch for the 3.12.0 kernel
> because routing to SoC did not work any more [1].
>
> After removing the patch it worked fine.
>
> With the patch it appears that I have to switch to hw-routing
> once and back to SoC to make it work.
>
> This indicates an initialization issue.
>
> What I have done is to replace writing directly to the twl registers
> by a call to twl4030_voice_set_tristate() which tries to preserve
> as much as possible of the original register contents.
>
> Now, SW routing works in the dial script.
>
> But HW routing does not (neither with old nor new patch). Maybe
> I am also just missing something in the mixer settings?

http://misc.andi.de1.cc/voice

tested with 3.12.0-wip (did uname -a to check what i am running on)
hw routing works. Possible problem: One path (mic->modem or
modem->speaker) is not completely in the DAPM route system, so not
everything is powered on properly if not enough things are powered on.
I think Neil has improved my patch in his kernel to fix that.

Greetings
Andreas Kemnade