[Gta04-owner] Modem off

NeilBrown neilb at suse.de
Mon Nov 11 23:49:10 CET 2013

On Mon, 11 Nov 2013 16:38:31 +0100 Andreas Kemnade <andreas at kemnade.info>
wrote:

> > I look forward to hearing of your results.
>
> At the moment I even cannot reproduce your the lower currents when the
> module is removed or unbind is done (when the modem does not show up on
> the bus). I measured current_now directly after suspend and retried also
> with that 5-min average using charge_now.

What current do you measure?
Is it consistent over several measurements?
What kernel are you using?

> > Meanwhile, here is a result that turned out more effective than I expected....
> >
> > I've automated some parts of my power-usage-monitoring a bit more.  With my
> > phone running normally with USB enabled etc with my current 3.7 kernel, the
> > average-current-over-5-minutes frequency histogram looks like:
> >
> does this mean, modem shows up on the usb bus during the tests?

For those tests, yes.  I've done a number of tests with the modem disabled,
and some with the modem enabled.

With the modem disable and the ehci-hcd module loaded and unloaded, on a 3.7
kernel I get

19411 69
21567 24
43056 1

With the modem enabled I get

23728 44
25884 120
28057 31
30207 6
32358 1
36684 1
51699 1
75488 1

With the pulldown removed I get

17251 45
19410 143
21561 36
23717 5
25888 2
30203 2
43038 1
45527 1
49525 1
243729 1

And all of these numbers are very close to multiples of 2.15mA.

NeilBrown