[Gta04-owner] Modem off

Andreas Kemnade andreas at kemnade.info
Fri Nov 8 15:49:50 CET 2013

On Fri, 8 Nov 2013 14:07:13 +1100
NeilBrown <neilb at suse.de> wrote:

> On Tue, 5 Nov 2013 15:02:34 +0100 Andreas Kemnade <andreas at kemnade.info>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Tue, 5 Nov 2013 08:51:26 +0100
> > Radek Polak <psonek2 at seznam.cz> wrote:

> > btw: what is different in doing rmmod/modprobe and doing the unbind/bind?
>
> There should be no difference.
> Both 'modprobe' and 'bind' will run the 'probe' function of the driver.
> Both 'rmmod' and 'unbind' will run the 'remove' function.

Hmm, there might be a difference. The order of things being called is
different. If we use unbind/bind
and have ehci-hcd compiled in, the probe function is called earlier.
> [...]
> This is at least very clear evidence that the USB port together with the
> transceiver account for a substantial portion of the power usage.
>
> Figuring out why and fixing it is a somewhat different story....

Hmm, that is taming another usb phy. Should it be more difficult than
the otg one? I think I know what I will do the next days...

Greetings
Andreas Kemnade