[Gta04-owner] Modem off .. less technical question

Peter Petros.Listig at fdrive.com.au
Tue Nov 5 22:49:48 CET 2013

Hi all,

apologies for this possibly "naive" question.. I am a sysadmin with
insufficient knowledge of mobile related hardware.

However, I am exploring how useful this project could be for
security-concerned people as journalists (e.g.)

In some situations these people want to be sure that their phone does not
spy on them - as well as does not make them trackable.

Here is a question: can you use software to switch off some functionality
completely, e.g. stopping communication with the mobile network?

Thanks for answers
Peter