[Gta04-owner] Modem off

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Tue Nov 5 08:51:26 CET 2013

On Monday, November 04, 2013 11:09:27 PM Andreas Kemnade wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sat, 2013-09-21 at 08:19 +1000, NeilBrown wrote:
> > I've experimented with "rmmod ehci_hcd" just before suspend, and
> > "modprobe" on resume, but so far that has just caused a mess.
> > I've looked at the code, and it is rather complex.
> > It has also changed a lot in 3.10.  So I'm going to defer exploring this
> > more until I start on 3.10+ again, probably in a couple of weeks.
>
> In 3.12 I get also around 15mA more current in suspend with modem off.
> than with modem on. (suspend does not work reliable with that kernel for
> me and I have 60mA/85mA current consumption)
>
> In 3.7 with enabled modem
> doing "echo ehci-omap.0 >unbind" in
> /sys/bus/platform/drivers/ehci-omap
> also increases current. (I get 40mA then)
> doing "echo echi-omap.0 >bind"
> decreases it again to around 20mA.
> That is also strange.
>
> Hmm, what a about doing modprobe/rmmod in
> modem-poweron.sh/modem-poweroff.sh?

What would it be good for?

I think Neil's idea was to rmmof USB in sleep. Incoming call modem wakes the
devices up via interrupt, we load the USB driver and using CLCC we detect who
is calling etc... I havent tried myself, but this seems doable. In qtmoko you
can add "rmmod ehci_hcd" to before-suspend.sh and modprobe to after-resume.sh
scripts to implement it.

Btw the script modem-poweroff.sh is never used by QtMoko.

Regards

Radek