[Gta04-owner] GTA04-Kernel 3.12.0 is available

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Mon Nov 4 12:45:01 CET 2013

Am 04.11.2013 um 12:35 schrieb Benjamin Deering:

> On 11/04/2013 05:04 AM, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
>> There is still one major issue not solved [1] GSM voice does not
>> work properly. Maybe the hw-routing patch is no longer compatible
>> (which does not become visible by merge conflicts but only through
>> testing).
>>
> Is this in 3.12 non-rc only?  I am able to make voice calls using 3.12-rc6 on SHR.

I did see it first in 3.12-rc7 but that may be because I did not test before.

Maybe it is only that soft-routing is no longer working and SHR likely uses
hardware routing.

So your observation would confirm that the tri-stating of the codecs sharing the
same lines may be broken.

My test was the dial script [1] which did work with 3.7.

While looking for background information I found that we lack a good description
how to really control the sound path:

http://projects.goldelico.com/p/gta04-kernel/page/Sound/
http://projects.goldelico.com/p/gta04-kernel/page/Wireless/#wikititle_12

[1]: http://git.goldelico.com/?p=gta04-rootfs.git;a=blob;f=debian/config/root/dial;hb=HEAD