[Gta04-owner] camera

Benjamin Deering ben_deering at swissmail.org
Wed May 22 03:22:49 CEST 2013

Hello,

I have been playing with the camera in my gta04.  I have not had any
luck using the omap3-isp preview functionality.  I wonder if this is
because media-ctl doesn't know about the output format of the ov9655?

I have had some luck using the image processor in the ov9655.

I added a few lines in ov9655_init_hardware:
        { OV9655_COM8, 0xe7 },
        { OV9655_COM17, 0x98 }, //turn on auto denoise, but not auto
edge detect; the images get smeary

to turn on noise reduction, AEC, etc.  I'm not sending it as a patch
because I don't think I am doing it right, but if we want to use the
in-camera processing, these lines would need to go somewhere.

Putting these in ov9655_init_regs has no effect even though the logs
show that the routine that loads those registers is called.  That
surprised me.  Maybe this will give someone an idea?

Ben