[Gta04-owner] Invitation to indicate interest in next batch of GTA04A5 boards

Sven openmoko at maricon.de
Sun May 19 14:31:32 CEST 2013

Hello Nikolaus,

some concrete recommendations for GD, resulting out of my explanations:

a) Design the plate of the GTA04A5 so, that the variant that is equipped
with B2B connectors instead of display also has one further connector
instead of the modem.

b) Make a little board equipped with the modem so, that it can be
connected to the modem connector of this GTA04A5.

c) Offer the handheld variant of the GTA04 ("OpenPhoenux 3704") in this
way. There should be enough place within the case in order to do so.

d) In any case where you advertise the GTA04A5, never forget to mention
that it is intended to develop the gravity to attact a new community of
developers, who replace your little modem board by a self-made one,
equipped with a new open source LTE modem.

e) Also never forget to express the dream, that then this device would
have the potential to develop the gravity to also attract a community of
developers, who write the open source firmware for it. If this dream
would come true, then place the offer that GD is willing to take the
results to create a GTA05 out of them, to get the needed certificates
and in the end: To sell it to everyone who wants to have it.

f) Never forget to argue, how good the initial situation for such a
project is: GTA04A4 equipped with QtMoko v55 should be convincing, that
a very big amount of work to get such a new GTA05 phone has already been
done!

Best regards
    Sven