[Gta04-owner] Invitation to indicate interest in next batch of GTA04A5 boards

Boudewijn wankelwankel at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 27 13:42:50 CET 2013

On 27-3-2013 10:53, Radek Polak wrote:
> E.g. we could ask people who are doing raspberry pi to provide us 1000
> processors+RAM. They are selling whole board for 25$, maybe they could
> provide CPU+RAM for 10$. But then it would be completely different
> board...
... that's less open besides. Some scheme like that could be an option,
though.

I read something about an open hardware software defined tranceiver this
weekend, I think in the same C't magazine that was referred to with
respect to the fairfone. It has a 5x5cm footprint, and a price tag
that's just lower than our complete BOM at the moment.

With a larger screen it could fit in our phone, as far as space
constraints are concerned ;-)

Ah, here it is : Myriad-RF, http://myriadrf.org/

 From their site: "Myriad-RF is an open-source project for the
prototyping and creation of fully configurable wireless platforms that
run on almost any communication standard and frequency."

Best wishes,

Boudewijn