[Gta04-owner] [QtMoko - GTA04A4] Flashing armhf image to NAND

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Mon Mar 25 19:07:59 CET 2013

On Monday, March 25, 2013 06:30:10 PM Matias Jose Seco wrote:

> Greetings,
> i wanted to ask if it is possible to find a precompiled armhf image of
> GTA04A4's QtMoko, compatible and ready for flashing it to NAND.
> Searching over the site and mails it seems that actually this is not
> possible (or is it?).

It is possible, but i found that NAND does not work reliably. Only just like
1/3 boots were ok for me with UBIFS. With JFFS2 it was a bit better, but not
reliable.

Steps for creating UBIFS/JFFS2 image are here:

https://github.com/radekp/qtmoko/blob/master/doc/txt/debian_rootfs_howto_gta04.txt

but IMO it does not make much sence unless you want to take a look at kernel
MTD driver to fix it.

I'd recommend keeping hw-validation in NAND and buy a fast class 10 SDHC card.
It will be faster then NAND, it will have larger capacity and SD card works
perfectly on GTA04.

Regards

Radek