[Gta04-owner] Cross-compiling qtmoko-armhf (was: Re: qtmoko-navit: Gui blocks in town search in binfile maps.)

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Tue Mar 5 12:05:19 CET 2013

On Tuesday, March 05, 2013 11:20:54 AM Hermann Schwärzler wrote:

> @radek: Why are you checking scripts/qtmoko-chroot-armhf.sh (line 69)
> for the existence of ".../arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc" before creating
> "finish_chroot_install.sh"? Shouldn't you check for
> "finish_chroot_install.sh"?

Hmm the gcc binary is now differently named, fixed this in git now:

https://github.com/radekp/qtmoko/commit/94903c266aa364771435ccb51ac5ef3bb9ce0297

The check is to determined if we have toolchain installed. If not then
finish_chroot_install.sh is launched - should be launched for the first time
only.

> And another "problem" I had: For making the instructions in your README
> work I had to move the cloned git-repo to qtmoko-chroot/root/qte/qtmoko.
> Is this there right way to do it or is there a better way to this?

Interesting - you should not need to copy the sources inside chroot - instead
the script should do binded mounts in the chroot. So maybe there something
failed. Maybe you started the chroot script from other directory? It must be
exactly as the README says:

	sudo scripts/qtmoko-chroot-armhf.sh

this creates for me following bind mount:

/dev/sda1 on /home/radek/qte/qtmoko-chroot/root/qte type ext4
(rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_xattr,barrier=1,data=ordered)

You can do mount to check if it's created for you too.

Regards

Radek