[Gta04-owner] Impressions from running Replicant

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Sun Jun 30 21:51:40 CEST 2013

Hi,

Am 30.06.2013 um 10:05 schrieb Radek Polak:

> On Friday, June 28, 2013 08:41:19 PM Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
>
>> Well I think Bob is trying the same as I am: getting our own tree compiled
>> so that we can support with debugging.
>
> I can compile it just fine. Here is my list of files if that helps:
>
> 	http://activationrecord.net/radekp/pub/replicant-ls.gz

The problem appears to fetch the complete (and consistent) set of files and
that should be possible by the standard procedure (repo sync) and not by
comparing files with your setup and manually fixing issues. And everyone
trying to do it has to collect that information again from several mails and
different sources.

So wouldn't it be a good idea if someone who can do it, fixes the official
recipies so that they include all required downloads?

This would make collaboration a lot easier (especially for those like me who
are rather new to building Replicant ROM images). I think I read in one mails
cited in this discussion that Paul already had planned to push the required
files to gitorius [1].

[1]: http://lists.goldelico.com/pipermail/gta04-owner/2013-May/004491.html