[Gta04-owner] qtmoko: libqtlocation1?

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Sun Jun 30 10:18:30 CEST 2013

On Friday, June 28, 2013 09:26:29 PM arne anka wrote:
> bump
>
> On Sat, 25 May 2013 22:51:10 +0200, arne anka <openmoko at ginguppin.de>
>
> wrote:
> > hi,
> > i successfully built monav-client (with the streetname patch) for armhf
> > and wanted to test it out with qtmoko/qx.
> > the first snag i hit, was that qx was unable to install an xserver --
> > was able to fix that by doing that manually (ps axuww tells ...)
> >
> > question: is there a log or something to see what actually fails?

You can see qx sources to check how it installs xserver and you can try that
from command line maunally.

> > the next snag: monav needs a abunch of qt libraries already existing in
> > /opt/qtmoko/lib -- using just the monav binary and not sinatlling the
> > monav-client package got rid of the for the moment
> >
> > question: is it possible to install those qt libs from debian or would
> > that confuse qtmoko?

Qt install in /usr/lib wont confuse qtmoko. QtMoko has LD_LIBRARY_PATH set to
/opt/qtmoko/lib so it loads libs from there first.

> > last snag: monav needs libQtLocation -- and that's not there. using the
> > .so from debian fails with a missing symbol

Hmm i dont understand what are you trying to achieve. Why dont you just apt-
get install monav?

	http://packages.debian.org/wheezy/monav

> > same question as above ...
> >
> > last one for the qt guys: would i be possible to configure monav without
> > X but for qtmoko "native"? how much effort is it to port an qt X app to
> > qpe?

Yes it is possible. You need qtmoko native build (either in qemu or on GTA04)
You can see e.g. navit or FBReader as example. The difficulty depends on build
system. E.g. for navit we just set PKG_CONFIG_PATH to qtmoko's QtLibs:

	https://github.com/radekp/qtmoko/tree/master/dist/pkgconfig-qtmoko

Regards

Radek