[Gta04-owner] Impressions from running Replicant

NeilBrown neilb at suse.de
Thu Jun 27 12:05:25 CEST 2013

On Tue, 25 Jun 2013 14:23:24 +0400 Alexander Rumyantsev <ran at mail.wplus.net>
wrote:

> > > Please, try
> > > https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-rRgKAzYyoBbVdIS0l6aXY4SGc/edit?usp=sharing
> > > The problem was solved.
> > > To prepare working SD execute ./replicant_gta04_install.sh
> > > system /dev/sdb into restored
> > > directory. ( change /dev/sdb to your device ).
> > > Boot from 1 partition using ordinary ( HW-testing/QT ) uBoot from NAND.
> >
> > Great.
> >
> > How was it solved? I would like to build it from sources (at least in
> > the future) and I think I have used the latest ones... So a pure rootfs
> > does not help much beyond showing that it can be solved.
>

> Find patch in attachment for current Replicant-2.3 repo

Sometime after I wrote that patch I discovered there was a better way to do
it.
If you call
    pm_set_vt_swtch(0);
it will disable the vt switching at suspend.

I'm not 100% sure where this should go.  It could go in the 'board' file,
but they are on their way out so I'd rather put it elsewhere.

The only current callers are drivers/video/geode/?xfb_core.c.
i.e. the video driver set it.
So maybe we could patch it into the omap video driver?
Or maybe call it from the init routine of our panel driver?

I'm not really sure what is best.  Probably the board file for now.
But certainly calling that is cleaner that commenting out code
in kernel/power/suspend.c :-)

NeilBrown