[Gta04-owner] dbus crashing with SIGBUS after suspend/resume

NeilBrown neilb at suse.de
Thu Jun 27 11:05:21 CEST 2013

On Thu, 27 Jun 2013 10:28:35 +0200 Hermann Schwärzler
<hermann.schwaerzler at chello.at> wrote:

> Hello
>
> On 06/26/2013 09:22 PM, Radek Polak wrote:
>
> > if you try to use latest QtMoko v55 you'll soon find it unusable for daily
> > phone. We have tracked it down (thanks Christ) to dbus crashing with SIGBUS
> > after a few suspend/resumes.
> [...]
> > GTA04A4 with QtMoko v55 (has latest Neil's 3.7 kernel compiled with standard
> > debian armhf gcc). The phone automatically suspends after 40s.
> [...]
> > Few calls are ok. But then QtMoko stops working. The reason is that dbus
> > crashed after receiving SIGBUS and QtMoko cant work without dbus.
>
> I can reproduce this (QtMoko v52 kernel 3.7.0-gta04-qtmoko-v52).
> I had my device up and running (well mostly suspended of course) for a
> few days and I see a difference in the output of dmesg between resumes
> that are caused by a call and those caused by the power-button:
>
> At those resumes that are caused by a call (and NOT on those caused by
> the button) I see this additional line in dmesg:
>
> Unhandled fault: imprecise external abort (0x1c06) at 0xbee30d60

I've seen that too.  I spent a while poking and come up with nothing.

My guess is some sort of hardwarey thing.  Maybe some delay during power up
is too short.
The Power Manage IC has register for sequencing power up/down with various
delays.  Maybe something needs to be tweaked there.

NeilBrown