[Gta04-owner] dbus crashing with SIGBUS after suspend/resume

Hermann Schwärzler hermann.schwaerzler at chello.at
Thu Jun 27 10:28:35 CEST 2013

Hello

On 06/26/2013 09:22 PM, Radek Polak wrote:

> if you try to use latest QtMoko v55 you'll soon find it unusable for daily
> phone. We have tracked it down (thanks Christ) to dbus crashing with SIGBUS
> after a few suspend/resumes.
[...]
> GTA04A4 with QtMoko v55 (has latest Neil's 3.7 kernel compiled with standard
> debian armhf gcc). The phone automatically suspends after 40s.
[...]
> Few calls are ok. But then QtMoko stops working. The reason is that dbus
> crashed after receiving SIGBUS and QtMoko cant work without dbus.

I can reproduce this (QtMoko v52 kernel 3.7.0-gta04-qtmoko-v52).
I had my device up and running (well mostly suspended of course) for a
few days and I see a difference in the output of dmesg between resumes
that are caused by a call and those caused by the power-button:

At those resumes that are caused by a call (and NOT on those caused by
the button) I see this additional line in dmesg:

Unhandled fault: imprecise external abort (0x1c06) at 0xbee30d60

Or similar. The address at the end of the line changes.
And the two times I tested this I always got a non-working QtMoko on the
third call.

[...]
Greetings
Hermann