[Gta04-owner] Can't install/boot QtMoko from microSD

habs habs at SDF.ORG
Mon Jun 24 03:29:39 CEST 2013

I can't seem to boot QtMoko on my GTA04 today, despite me being able to
boot it at some time a few months in the past. Here are the steps that I
take:

1. I attach my microSD card as /dev/sdc via an uSD-to-SD adapter and a
USB SD card reader.
2. I partition it in GParted like this:
<http://i.imgur.com/YJJxq1M.png>.
3. I run this script as root, with my uSD card plugged in and
qtmoko-debian-gta04-v55-armhf.tar.gz in the same directory (md5sum
546f0d52de1f2abf50a2a9c76d53be1e):

     #!/bin/sh

     mkfs.vfat /dev/sdc1
     mkfs.ext4 /dev/sdc2
     mkfs.vfat /dev/sdc5

     mount /dev/sdc1 /mnt/p1
     mount /dev/sdc2 /mnt/p2

     cd /mnt/p2
     tar xzvpf /home/habs/qtmoko/qtmoko-debian-gta04-v55-armhf.tar.gz

     cd /
     cp /mnt/p2/boot/uImage /mnt/p1
     cp /mnt/p2/boot/bootargs.scr /mnt/p1

     umount /mnt/p1
     umount /mnt/p2

4. I put the uSD into my GTA04 and boot up.

I get a little picture of a microSD card with the QtMoko logo on it like
the OS is loading, but that stays there for >15 minutes until my phone's
battery drains. I remember installing QtMoko successfully a few months
ago on this phone; when I installed it that time, the uSD logo splash
only showed for less than a minute.

I have the latest U-Boot version; I just reflashed it today from a new
hw-validation uSD card.

I doubt that there are hardware issues on my GTA04, considering I was
able to run QtMoko on it in the past and I was just able to run the
early Android builds on it recently.

What can I do about this? More importantly, what can I do to debug it? I
do happen to have a GTA02 debug board if that would be useful for this
at all.

Thanks a lot for your help.

--
Harry Prevor