[Gta04-owner] First hw-validation release with Wheezy armhf 3.7

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Sat Jun 22 11:14:41 CEST 2013

Am 22.06.2013 um 10:55 schrieb Neil Jerram:

>>> Could you add a rootfs.tar.gz to the download directory?  I.e. a tarball
>>> that can be unpacked into a partition of an already prepared SD card.
>>> At the moment, IIUC, there is only an image for an entire SD card.
>>
>> Here you can find different rootfs.tbz (may need to patch the kernel modules):
>>
>> http://download.goldelico.com/gta04/debian/
>
> Thanks for the pointer.  However I've now got my own bootstrap method
> (derived from QtMoko's debian_rootfs_howto_gta04.txt) working, so didn't
> end up using that.
>
> (I wanted not to use QEMU and also not to do the whole cdebootstrap on
> the GTA04 itself.  'cdebootstrap --foreign' allows that, but I couldn't
> see how to set up the root password so that I would be able to SSH in
> after booting that semi-bootstrapped system.  Then I saw a webpage that
> reminded me that I could chroot from another OS on the phone, and finish
> the setup that way.)

Yes, a two-phase bootstrap is a little tricky and I have done it only once
for the Letux 400 some years ago.

> However, I seem to have had a brainstorm as regards touchscreen
> calibration.  I've done this successfully before but now I can't find
> what I need to calibrate my Xorg evdev touchscreen.  How do you do this
> for LXDE in the hw-validation image?

The squeeze image did use the tslib and ts_calibrate, but the X11
input driver is missing on Wheezy. And taking it from Ubuntu or
Unstable is broken (X-server segfaults).

> (I think what I need is xinput-calibrator, but can't find a Debian armhf
> package for it.  Maybe I need to build that myself.)

Please take a look here, it has the right pointers:

http://git.goldelico.com/?p=gta04-rootfs.git;a=blob;f=debian/config/root/useful;h=bdeae8c5f05e665e79b616c995f77499a0f401ff;hb=HEAD

This script can be run on the GTA04 to install useful things, incl.
xinput-calibrator (from Ubuntu).