[Gta04-owner] First hw-validation release with Wheezy armhf 3.7

Neil Jerram neil at ossau.homelinux.net
Sat Jun 22 10:55:27 CEST 2013

"Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller" <hns at goldelico.com> writes:

>>> Yes, it is a good starting point. But you can also just take the "bootstrap"
>>> script to see how it is done to get to a working wheezy image. Or
>>> start with the new image and bootstrap your own starting from there.
>>
>> Could you add a rootfs.tar.gz to the download directory?  I.e. a tarball
>> that can be unpacked into a partition of an already prepared SD card.
>> At the moment, IIUC, there is only an image for an entire SD card.
>
> Here you can find different rootfs.tbz (may need to patch the kernel modules):
>
> http://download.goldelico.com/gta04/debian/

Thanks for the pointer.  However I've now got my own bootstrap method
(derived from QtMoko's debian_rootfs_howto_gta04.txt) working, so didn't
end up using that.

(I wanted not to use QEMU and also not to do the whole cdebootstrap on
the GTA04 itself.  'cdebootstrap --foreign' allows that, but I couldn't
see how to set up the root password so that I would be able to SSH in
after booting that semi-bootstrapped system.  Then I saw a webpage that
reminded me that I could chroot from another OS on the phone, and finish
the setup that way.)

However, I seem to have had a brainstorm as regards touchscreen
calibration.  I've done this successfully before but now I can't find
what I need to calibrate my Xorg evdev touchscreen.  How do you do this
for LXDE in the hw-validation image?

(I think what I need is xinput-calibrator, but can't find a Debian armhf
package for it.  Maybe I need to build that myself.)

Regards,
        Neil