[Gta04-owner] Camera - Failed to open /dev/media0

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Thu Jun 20 10:32:44 CEST 2013

On Thursday, June 20, 2013 09:26:03 AM Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:

> Am 20.06.2013 um 09:08 schrieb Radek Polak:

> > > What does i2cdetect tell?
> > > Can you 'dmesg | fgrep isp' something relevant?
> >
> > Hi,
> > i havent noticed that there is still 2.6.32 kernel in NAND - that's
> > probably the reason. I'll try with latest one and come back with results
> > :)
>
> Oh yes. The driver in the 2.6.32 is broken and only the 3.7-neil-plus has
> the working driver.

I have rebased qtmoko kernel on top of neil-plus branch, installed media-ctl
from here [1], downloaded your camera-demo scripts [2] and modified it to use
fbdev instead of X11 and after running:

	camera-demo vga-resizer

got the camera working! With some glitches but i can see the image quite
nicely. Interestingly i have to point camera to some further object - if
pointed to very close object there is just noise.

Ohh and very big thanks for the dejitter touchscreen support. Before the
touchscreen was quite crap - e.g. try to paint something with your finger in
qtmoko v55. With dejitter it's perfect - it seems to beat Freerunner and N900.
Many thanks for this.

Regards

Radek

[1] http://download.goldelico.com/gta04/debian/dists/stable/main/binary-armhf/
[2] http://git.goldelico.com/?p=gta04-
rootfs.git;a=blob_plain;f=debian/config/root/camera-demo