[Gta04-owner] fm-tuner - was Re: hw routing audio patch removed in 3.7?

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Wed Jun 12 21:46:13 CEST 2013

Am 12.06.2013 um 21:00 schrieb Andreas Kemnade:

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, 12 Jun 2013 15:58:13 +0200
> "Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller" <hns at goldelico.com> wrote:
>

>> I already found one potential issue in the DAI link configuration. It was configured for the Si47xx being the master
>> and providing clocks - which it does not. I have changed that and added system clock intialization so that I should
>> be able to see PCM receive clock with the scope. As soon as the drivers works :)
>>

> I have sent some patch for that a time ago to configure McBSP1 with
> clock output. So that issue is not the remaining problem in McBSP1.

Can you please point to the mail so that I can compare if we now have it right?

> My plan was to first do the I2C stuff in userspace and get the McBSP1
> do the right thing
> so arecord and stuff work.
>
> As a second step I would integrate I2C stuff into the kernel.

Yes that is also my plan. But prepare the ALSA SoC code for arecord
directly for I2C. It does not need to write any register of course. Just probe
the driver and initialize the I2C bus&address. Powering and configuring
is left to user space.

My missing link is that the I2C address&bus config has changed from
2.6.32 to 3.7 significantly but I did not find a pointer how to do it now.

Most likely it is just 2 LOC missing.