[Gta04-owner] BMA180 interrupts & polling interval

Lukas Märdian luk at slyon.de
Wed Jun 12 14:11:00 CEST 2013

Hi!

I'm currently trying to trigger an event on several GTA04s at once
(microsecond range), using the BMA180 accelerometer.

It seems that the bma150 driver, which is used, can choose between an
"Interrupt-Mode" and a "Polling-Mode" [0]. By default the "Polling-Mode"
is used, but the drivers minimum polling interval is 1 millisecond,
which is too big for my use case. I'd need a 1 usec or at least 10 usec
polling interval.

Can anybody tell, who I can switch the bma150 driver into
"Interrupt-Mode", to e.g. listen to the "High-G" or "Low-G" interrupts
(from userspace)? Or how I can lower the polling interval in the driver?

Or do you have any other idea how it could be possible to trigger an
event (e.g. call a function) at the very same time (microsecond range)
on several GTA04s, without using any networking capabilities?

Regards,
  Lukas

[0]
http://lxr.free-electrons.com/source/drivers/input/misc/bma150.c?v=3.7#L583