[Gta04-owner] fm-tuner - was Re: hw routing audio patch removed in 3.7?

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Tue Jun 11 20:39:03 CEST 2013

> Am 10.06.2013 um 23:04 schrieb Andreas Kemnade:

>>> Hm. No difference (except that the binary is much bigger):
>>>
>> Have you checked RCLK? I had done the tests with a lot of stuff on
>> (wifi, umts, usb host).
>> RCLK is something the RF circuits in the Si4721 need (not the sound
>> stuff). A 32 khz clock. Maybe it was on for some reasons here.
>
> From hardware side it is difficult to stop the clock since it is hard wired
> to the TPS65950 output. So either it is broken on my boards or the
> TPS has some special mode to disable/enable the 32kclkout.
>
> So I have to set up the scope to verify...

Well, 32kHz appears to be available, at least on the solder ball I can
access from the outside (but I can't exclude that it is connected to the PCB
only but not to the chip although that is quite unlikely).

So my guess is that access of the I2C from users space is kernel dependent.

I think I will try to configure / tune through i2c-tools and a shell script :)