[Gta04-owner] fm-tuner - was Re: hw routing audio patch removed in 3.7?

Christoph Mair christoph.mair at gmail.com
Mon Jun 10 20:55:21 CEST 2013

On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 7:14 PM, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller
<hns at goldelico.com> wrote:

> Am 10.06.2013 um 18:52 schrieb Christoph Mair:
>
>> I uploaded the file here: http://chonyota.net/gta04/mcbsp_test.c

> So it is a "pure" adn "direct" McBSP driver?
>
> Wouldn't it be easier to write a kernel module that allows to control a
> DAI from /sysfs? Or add some debugging mode to the existing OMAP
> McBSP driver? This would remove the need to handle McBSP registers
> and DMA...

Yes it is. To debug DAI, writing a new driver can be easier, but I
already wrote that one for another device and it allows easy tweaking
of the McBSP parameters using the specific struct.

>> registers which are set up by alsa first and check what might be
>> wrong. Of course I will try to help if you share the dump ;-)
>
> My idea would be to solder some thin wires to the McBSP interface
> and connect a scope. This was the way I was able to debug the camera
> interface (and identify an undocumented frequency scaling factor).

In my workflow, this is the second step. If alsa does not work and
some signal is missing, you either try to figure out whats wrong with
alsa or just fix the struct and be check if the hardware link is
working. The DAI setup has to be fixed too, but then you already know
what's wrong.

Best regards,
  Christoph