[Gta04-owner] fm-tuner - was Re: hw routing audio patch removed in 3.7?

Andreas Kemnade andreas at kemnade.info
Mon Jun 10 14:48:42 CEST 2013

Hi,

On Mon, 2013-06-10 at 14:15 +0200, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
> Am 08.06.2013 um 18:00 schrieb Benjamin Deering:
>

> >> Hmm, so put the conflicting McBSP into the platform data and calling the
> >> tristate function instead of the pinmux thing? That is no twl4030
> >> specific code, so somehow it still feels a bit strange to have it there.
> >> But using a tristate function is a step forward.
> >>
> >> Greetings
> >> Andreas Kemnade
> > Is the change needed to enable audio from the FM tuner chip similar to the gsm HW routing issue?
> >
> > I have your userspace hack from here:
> > http://misc.andi.de1.cc/si4721.c, it shows that it is finding a station, but nothing I can do in the mixer gets audio.
>
> Now I have tried this tool but I don't see more than:
>
> root at gta04:~# ./si4721 /dev/i2c-2 9380
> init resp: 00
> get_chiprev resp: 00
> 003230000032304201ffe0c3f67700
> tune freq: 00
> tune status resp: 00
> tuned to 00khz RSSI 0 SNR 0 no signal
> tune rsq resp: 00
> RSSI 0 SNR 0 no signal

freshly downloaded and compiled

gta04:~# ./si4721 /dev/i2c-2 9380
init resp: 00
get_chiprev resp: 00
003230000032304201ffe0e321f600
tune freq: 00
tune status resp: 00
tuned to 93800khz RSSI 8 SNR 0 no signal
tune rsq resp: 00
RSSI 7 SNR 0 no signal
00080007000006
tune rsq resp: 00
RSSI 6 SNR 0 no signal
00080006000006
tune rsq resp: 00
RSSI 6 SNR 0 no signal
00080006000006
tune rsq resp: 81
RSSI 6 SNR 0 no signal

check:
i2cdetect -r -y 2

it should not be taken (no UU at 0x11). PCM clocks need not be active at
that moment (it can also give analog output). I am using 3.7.+a bunch of
usb-hacks. I am not sure at the moment about maybe other
clocks/voltages.

That was without headphone. (there is a transmitter on that frequency
around 40km away).

I have one of the first gta04a4 deliviered.

Greetings
Andreas Kemnade