[Gta04-owner] fm-tuner - was Re: hw routing audio patch removed in 3.7?

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Mon Jun 10 14:15:26 CEST 2013

Am 08.06.2013 um 18:00 schrieb Benjamin Deering:

>> Hmm, so put the conflicting McBSP into the platform data and calling the
>> tristate function instead of the pinmux thing? That is no twl4030
>> specific code, so somehow it still feels a bit strange to have it there.
>> But using a tristate function is a step forward.
>>
>> Greetings
>> Andreas Kemnade
> Is the change needed to enable audio from the FM tuner chip similar to the gsm HW routing issue?
>
> I have your userspace hack from here:
> http://misc.andi.de1.cc/si4721.c, it shows that it is finding a station, but nothing I can do in the mixer gets audio.

Now I have tried this tool but I don't see more than:

root at gta04:~# ./si4721 /dev/i2c-2 9380
init resp: 00
get_chiprev resp: 00
003230000032304201ffe0c3f67700
tune freq: 00
tune status resp: 00
tuned to 00khz RSSI 0 SNR 0 no signal
tune rsq resp: 00
RSSI 0 SNR 0 no signal
00000000000000
tune rsq resp: 00
RSSI 0 SNR 0 no signal
00000000000000
tune rsq resp: 00
RSSI 0 SNR 0 no signal
00000000000000
tune rsq resp: 00
RSSI 0 SNR 0 no signal
00000000000000
tune rsq resp: 00
RSSI 0 SNR 0 no signal
00000000000000
tune rsq resp: 00
RSSI 0 SNR 0 no signal
00000000000000
tune rsq resp: 00
RSSI 0 SNR 0 no signal
00000000000000
tune rsq resp: 00
RSSI 0 SNR 0 no signal
00000000000000
tune rsq resp: 00
RSSI 0 SNR 0 no signal
... repeating ...

It looks strange that all registers/responses are 00 (except the chiprev). And it is 'tuned' ti 00kHz.

Any ideas/hints what to do? Does it need PCM clock first before tuning?

Nikolaus

PS: some (very old) boards may carry a (receive only) Si4705 instead of a Si4721 and there are different chip revisions.