[Gta04-owner] hw routing audio patch removed in 3.7?

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Mon Jun 10 13:17:41 CEST 2013

Am 10.06.2013 um 13:05 schrieb Radek Polak:

> On Monday, June 10, 2013 09:38:24 AM Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
>
> > While the command 3 is running there is intensive noise mixed into
> > the microphone signal. It works fine on a kernel without the patch.
> >
> > AVADC gives:
> >
> > root at gta04:~# amixer sget 'AVADC Clock Priority'
> > Simple mixer control 'AVADC Clock Priority',0
> >   Capabilities: enum
> >   Items: 'Voice high priority' 'HiFi high priority'
> >   Item0: 'Voice high priority'
> > root at gta04:~#
> >
> > After changing to HiFi priority the arecord | aplay works without noise.
> > Setting back to Voice high priority makes the noise come back.
> >
> > So the question remains why it is not observed without the hw-routing
> > patch?
>
> I dont have the HW/kernel knowledge here,

It is a Neil Brown 3.7 kernel plus all missing pieces I can find that already did work
in the 2.6.32 hw-validation kernel. My goal is to make it a really feature complete
and bug free kernel based on Neil's work so that he can work to get as many pieces
upstream as possible [patches are always welcome!]. And can be flashed to NAND.

So the ALSA part (w/o hw routing) is exactly Neil's version since nothing was missing.

One more strange issue (maybe also some omission) is that the backlight is not
turned off on td028ttec1_panel_disable() so it turns white. Maybe this is already some
commit in QtMoko.

> but i know that after i played some with alsamixer we produced working state files. They are here:
>
> https://github.com/radekp/qtmoko/tree/master/devices/gta04/src/plugins/audiohardware/neo/a4
>
> QtMoko uses MediaSpeaker.state for audio and PhoneEarpiece.state for GSM call with HW routing and IIRC there are no problems now. It used to consume too many mAmps in suspend, but that is fixed now:
>
> https://github.com/radekp/qtmoko/commit/84fb56edbeeef54a12ce27d79cbceccbea144a1b

Good to know.