[Gta04-owner] hw routing audio patch removed in 3.7?

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Mon Jun 10 13:05:26 CEST 2013

On Monday, June 10, 2013 09:38:24 AM Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:

> While the command 3 is running there is intensive noise mixed into
> the microphone signal. It works fine on a kernel without the patch.
>
> AVADC gives:
>
> root at gta04:~# amixer sget 'AVADC Clock Priority'
> Simple mixer control 'AVADC Clock Priority',0
>   Capabilities: enum
>   Items: 'Voice high priority' 'HiFi high priority'
>   Item0: 'Voice high priority'
> root at gta04:~#
>
> After changing to HiFi priority the arecord | aplay works without noise.
> Setting back to Voice high priority makes the noise come back.
>
> So the question remains why it is not observed without the hw-routing
> patch?

I dont have the HW/kernel knowledge here, but i know that after i played some
with alsamixer we produced working state files. They are here:

https://github.com/radekp/qtmoko/tree/master/devices/gta04/src/plugins/audiohardware/neo/a4

QtMoko uses MediaSpeaker.state for audio and PhoneEarpiece.state for GSM call
with HW routing and IIRC there are no problems now. It used to consume too
many mAmps in suspend, but that is fixed now:

https://github.com/radekp/qtmoko/commit/84fb56edbeeef54a12ce27d79cbceccbea144a1b

Regards

Radek