[Gta04-owner] hw routing audio patch removed in 3.7?

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Mon Jun 10 09:23:27 CEST 2013

Am 09.06.2013 um 22:29 schrieb radek polak:

> I tried to do a clean apply but it failed (got some "whitespace" errors and conflicts). I did get it from
>
> https://gitorious.org/shr/linux/commit/5c4603590af40cccce1d75396d4cb3fdffe0fdef?format=patch
>
> since I did not find a button to download the patch file from github.
>
> I think to remember that I had similar problems in January and therefore applied the
> patch by copy&paste. Maybe the white noise is because I forgot a little piece.
>

> Yay
>

> So what is best the location to download the patch file? Or can you send it by mail again?
>

> Why dont you use cherry pick?

Well, some reasons:

1. I am a sporadic git user and remembering all these git commands (and
    knowing all details what side-effects and pits to fall in they can have) is
    beyond my mental capacity...
> Like:
>

> git remote add radekp https://github.com/radekp/linux-2.6.git
>
> git fetch radekp

2. doesn't this need a lot of disk space while a .patch file is just some 100 bytes?
> git cherry-pick a80d1a70b2d0e03babb667e7f04af2213cd5b5c5

3. how do I know the location and the hash code?

4. and is it the same as the one at gitorius (which has a different hex code)?

> Copy paste will make big mess if i want merge your tree back.

In my experience it may save hours if you see the right patch in
the Google web search results (mail or formatted) but you don't
find a way how to apply a diff/patch file by using git...

And generally if a patch does not apply cleanly I can try to resolve conflicts
and that may be as wrong as copy&paste :(

Using your commands the patch applied fine.

But noise is still there. So it must be something else.

Thanks,