[Gta04-owner] qtmoko-armhf buildhost: where to get wheezy-armhf.img?

Adrien Dorsaz adrien at adorsaz.ch
Sun Jun 9 10:57:00 CEST 2013

Le mardi 21 mai 2013 à 08:53 +0200, Radek Polak a écrit :
> On Monday, May 20, 2013 11:45:48 PM arne anka wrote:
>
> you can probably most easily do it on GTA04. Just create ext3 or ext4
> loopback image, mount it and either use cdebootstrap or you can even
> use qtmoko release tarball for base system. Before unmounting it would
> be good idea to install qemu friendly kernel [1] so that modules are
> loaded.

Hello!

I've made several tests, but I'm unable to use qemu image for the GTA04.

I've tried my own wheezy-armhf image created with debootstrap [0] and
I've tried the v55 qtmoko tarball, but I've always the same issue on
boot :

Begin: Waiting for root file system ... done.
Gave up waiting for root device.  Common problems:
 - Boot args (cat /proc/cmdline)
   - Check rootdelay= (did the system wait long enough?)
   - Check root= (did the system wait for the right device?)
 - Missing modules (cat /proc/modules; ls /dev)
ALERT!  /dev/mmcblk0p1 does not exist.  Dropping to a shell!

Indeed, in the startup.sh script, there's an option which precise the
rootfs is on /dev/mmcblk0p1, but there's no uSD card into the image.

Could you share with us how you create your wheezy armhf image ? Or have
I to modify the startup.sh ?

Thanks!
Adrien