[Gta04-owner] hw routing audio patch removed in 3.7?

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Sat Jun 8 14:30:43 CEST 2013

Hi,

Am 08.06.2013 um 14:13 schrieb Andreas Kemnade:

> Hi,
>
> i am looking through the commit logs and see that Benjamin Deering has
> sent my hardware routing patch again (that is for example here:
> https://github.com/radekp/linux-2.6/commit/f43ce5c444de7db988ad214257f4a6ac0e49308d )
> in January and it was applied to 3.7. Then it was removed due to white
> noise.

Yes, I tried and removed it again.

>  Under which circumstances there was white noise?

It simply played white noise on the handsfree speaker after using the
speaker through aplayer for the first time and I did not find any alsa
control that influenced it.

If I remember correctly, it did not disappear until reboot.

Removing the patch completely made it work again.

> So maybe i can
> fix things.

That would be great!

One thing we should fix in this step as well is that there is a dai function
to set the McBSP to tristate [1].

I.e. we should not work directly with Pinmux in this patch. This
may even be the reason for the white noise (there are differences
in the pinmux system in different kernel versions).

Nikolaus

[1] http://lxr.free-electrons.com/ident?v=3.7;a=arm;i=snd_soc_dai_set_tristate