[Gta04-owner] Impressions from running Replicant

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Thu Jul 4 11:49:18 CEST 2013

Am 01.07.2013 um 23:55 schrieb Paul Kocialkowski:

> Le dimanche 30 juin 2013 à 21:51 +0200, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller a
> écrit :
>> The problem appears to fetch the complete (and consistent) set of files and
>> that should be possible by the standard procedure (repo sync) and not by
>> comparing files with your setup and manually fixing issues. And everyone
>> trying to do it has to collect that information again from several mails and
>> different sources.
>
> I'll definitely write a wiki page on the Replicant wiki on how to build
> Replicant 4.0 for gta04.
>
>> So wouldn't it be a good idea if someone who can do it, fixes the official
>> recipies so that they include all required downloads?
>
> I'll do that over the next few days. Sorry for the inconvenience, you're
> totally right, this should be fixed directly on our repos. I just didn't
> think anyone was going to try building for gta04 at this point (we are
> still in very early stages since we don't have a fully working kernel).

It appears that it has been synced upstream! At least my last repo sync
did complain about a kernel and device tree conflict. After deleting the
manually inserted trees I could sync and got the gta04 components.

And now I even succeeded to compile the (I know not good working) kernel.
The 'make systemtarball' is still running with thousands of warnings.

I had to apply some tweaks to compile it on Darwin (MacOS X). Mainly
it needs a -printf friendly find, a -r friendly sed and a elf.h source file. This
is not big magic, but some :) I am collecting every piece of information
so that I think I can share some blueprint for a build-on-mac-script soon.

Tnx,