[Gta04-owner] dbus crashing with SIGBUS after suspend/resume

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Wed Jul 3 11:14:39 CEST 2013

On Wednesday, July 03, 2013 12:25:13 AM NeilBrown wrote:

> On Tue, 2 Jul 2013 16:03:08 +0200 Radek Polak <psonek2 at seznam.cz> wrote:
> > On Thursday, June 27, 2013 11:05:21 AM NeilBrown wrote:

> > > I've seen that too.  I spent a while poking and come up with nothing.
> > >
> > > My guess is some sort of hardwarey thing.  Maybe some delay during
> > > power up is too short.
> > > The Power Manage IC has register for sequencing power up/down with
> > > various delays.  Maybe something needs to be tweaked there.
> >
> > Hi,
> > i tried to reproduce this "imprecise external abort" using rtcwake and it
> > does not happen. To me it seems that it only happens when the phone is
> > woken by GSM
> >
> > call. Maybe it has something to do with USB? E.g. i found this thread:
> > 	https://lkml.org/lkml/2011/7/20/357
> >
> > Maybe it helps somehow...
>
> Maybe it will.  I at least gives a hint as to what sort of thing might fix
> the problem, and what sort of problem might be worth looking for.
>
> I think that rtcwake does trigger it for me eventually, but my memory might
> be a bit fuzzy.
> I sometimes run my phone with a little program running that wakes it up
> every 5 minutes and records battery status.  I think this would eventually
> trigger it.
> I've been running it like that for a while with this:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-linaro/+bug/720055/comments
> /20 patch applied, and haven' seen the problem.  I'll remove it some time
> soon and see if it comes back.

Maybe i did something wrong, but with dss patched (attached) i can trigger it
very soon using the dial-every-60s script. I also wonder if compiler version
could affect the timing somehow. Btw i am using armhf compiler from emdebian:

apt-get install emdebian-archive-keyring
echo "deb http://www.emdebian.org/debian unstable main" >>
/etc/apt/sources.list
apt-get update
apt-get install g++-4.7-arm-linux-gnueabihf

Anyways thanks for looking into it. I am having holidays till Monday then i'll
be back if needed.

Regards

Radek