[Gta04-owner] Invitation to indicate interest in next batch of GTA04A5 boards

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Tue Jul 2 10:55:35 CEST 2013

Hi,

Am 29.06.2013 um 10:54 schrieb Parchet Michaël:

> Hello,
>
> I'm interrelated for a freerunner or a tablet with LTE (if possible) or UMTS if not.
>
> What's news about it ?

Well, we still have not enough orders to finance a production run for another batch of GTA04 boards (with UMTS).

The Letux 7004 tablet prototypes are running well (as shown on FOSDEM and LinuxTag), but we probably would
do a complete redesign using a different display module. Then it may also become possible to add LTE.

But our project is still a wallflower.

> Thanks by advance.
>
> Best regards
>
> mparchet
>
> Le 21 juin 2013 à 19:12, "Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli" <GNUtoo at no-log.org> a écrit :
>
>> On Sat, 18 May 2013 16:46:12 +0200
>> Sven <openmoko at maricon.de> wrote:
>>
>>> b) GTA05 that is mostly the same as GTA04. Only improvement is to
>>> have an open source LTE modem (hardware and firmware): Approx. 2k or
>>> 3k.
>> I think having a free software wifi firmware is more realistic and
>> could probably make the device endorsed by the FSF.

If we can find someone who develops an open replacement firmware
for the Marvell 8686 that would be a really great step forward.