[Gta04-owner] Replicant GTA04 : suspend bug

Paul Kocialkowski paulk at paulk.fr
Sun Jan 27 22:23:39 CET 2013

Le lundi 28 janvier 2013 à 07:13 +1100, NeilBrown a écrit :
> > Trying to investigate this problem I notice this patch
> > https://github.com/radekp/linux-2.6/commit/1dcf9f5f6493e5278edb5eadb453c8b9c8ee6dc2
> > After testing with Replicant-2.3 I found that I have not suspend/resume problem. So
> > 1) patch may be a temporary solution
> > 2) Radek or Nail - please, could you give more detail what was a reason you implement
> > this patch and what was next steps.
>
> The comment at the top nearly says it all:
>
>     Don't switch consoles or sync on suspend.
>
>     Neither of these actions are really needed and can slow suspend
>     down, so disable them.
>
> Applying the patch speed up suspend for me, and removed the switch to
> text-console and back which was visually disturbing.  When you use
> auto-suspend so that it happens quite often, this can become significant.
> As there were no down-sides I just left it like that.
>
> Did you find that reverted the patch fixed a problem?  Can you provide more
> details of the problem.
> This email seems like the middle of a conversation that I haven't seen the
> rest of.  Did it take place on some other list that you can point me to?

We are still trying to find an usable Android kernel that would work
with DM37x, and for now, all the combinations we've tried turned out to
fail at some point, leaving us facing huge issues each time. We
definitely want to add support for the GTA04 in Replicant, but we can't
start any work on the userspace if we don't have a complete and usable
kernel first. That's why there has been no announcement regarding GTA04
even though we released Replicant 4.0 for other devices.

The context of that email was a conversation between Alexander and me
regarding Replicant suspend issues with GTA04.

We'll keep trying to end up with a stable kernel that could be used with
ICS, though that would be easier if there was a 3.x Android kernel for
OMAP DM37x devices out there. GNUtoo is working to try new combinations
while I gave up for now and focused on other devices.

--
Paul Kocialkowski, Replicant developer

Website:        http://www.replicant.us
Wiki/Tracker:   http://redmine.replicant.us