[Gta04-owner] GT04+FSO+SHR+Debian: Bluetooth, suspend, lock, SHR profile

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Sat Jan 26 19:51:07 CET 2013

Am 26.01.2013 um 19:38 schrieb arne anka:

>> This is the description for the 2.6.32 hw-validation kernel.
>>
>> Things (sys filepath names) have changed for the 3.x kernels.
>>
>> The problem is that we try to document user-space behaviour of two
>> kernels developed by two teams on the same Wiki...
>
> if i read that correctly, it would mean there are paths fro 3.x too?

I do not exactly understand what you mean.

There is a Wiki trying to document how all the functional areas (WLAN, BT, GPS, UMTS, ...)
of the GTA04 can be accessed from user space. Some have /sys files
others have /dev files, some have ioctls or alsa mixer settings.

>> But there is good news: the 2.6.32-kernel will soon be retired and there
>> will be a 3.7 based hw-validation kernel. And then, the documentation
>> will be updated.
>
> two questions: when?

asap which means anytime this year :) I am just trying to catch up with all these
changes and trying to understand them myself. 'cause I am the "hardware guy".

> and will FSO work with it?

I don't know. The FSO developers should be able to answer this.

> last i heard was that does not with newer kernels (that's why i use the on from SHR)
>
> in the meantime, how can i figure out the correct paths? are there files in /sys helping me to find the right ones?

The best help is to ask Neil Brown. He has written the latest kernel and driver code.

>> I think Neil has built in some automatic power/reset control for Bluetooth/WLAN.
>> Therefore it is no longer required to "manually" control power.
>>
>> It could be sufficient to open /dev/ttyO0 (the HCI port) by starting hciattach.
>
> sadly, no:
>
> gta04:~# hciattach -s 115200 /dev/ttyO0 any 115200 flow && sleep 2

I think you have to use 3 MBit, i.e. 3000000. There have only been some rare
boards with 115200. All others have 3 MBit.

> Device setup complete
> gta04:~# rfkill list
> 0: GPS: GPS
>        Soft blocked: yes
>        Hard blocked: no
> 1: Bluetooth: Bluetooth
>        Soft blocked: no
>        Hard blocked: no
> 2: phy0: Wireless LAN
>        Soft blocked: no
>        Hard blocked: no
> 9: hci0: Bluetooth
>        Soft blocked: no
>        Hard blocked: no
> gta04:~# hciconfig -a
> hci0:   Type: BR/EDR  Bus: UART
>        BD Address: 00:00:00:00:00:00  ACL MTU: 0:0  SCO MTU: 0:0
>        DOWN
>        RX bytes:0 acl:0 sco:0 events:0 errors:0
>        TX bytes:100 acl:0 sco:0 commands:20 errors:0
>
> gta04:~# hciconfig hci0 up
> Can't init device hci0: Connection timed out (110)

Yes, that looks like bad baudrate.

> hciconfig -a should print the actual MAC, i guess?

Yes, if communication works.

Do you have your GTA04 serial number? Then you could
try to look up the factory test which says something about
the baudrate.