[Gta04-owner] GTA04A5 - was 8mW sleep for Beagle Board

Flemming Richter Mikkelsen quatrox at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 18:02:40 CET 2013

On Jan 10, 2013 2:34 PM, "Butrus Damaskus" <butrus.butrus at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 1:18 PM, Butrus Damaskus
> <butrus.butrus at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 11:03 AM, Flemming Richter Mikkelsen
> > <quatrox at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Hmmm...
> >> If it should function as a remote control, I believe there is two
popular
> >> frequencies... so one would need two IR LEDs.
> >
> > "Frequencies" is not the problem, you can generate 40kHz or 36kHz as
> > you wish. The wavelength might possibly be a problem but most likely
> > it would affect the range and still work to some degree...

By frequency I ment wavelength.
And since LEDs only generate one specific wavelength and not a spectrum,
this would have impact.

I hope that most modern equipment operates with the same wavelengths
(around 900nm). Some old devices used around 600nm.

These wavelengths are not compatible.  Ref.:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remote_control

> BTW, this is what I found
> :http://www.google.de/url?q=http://www.vishay.com/docs/82606/remote.pdf

I really like this PDF.  I feel more confident now that FIR will be the
only thing we want.