[Gta04-owner] GTA04 and xf86-video-omapfb rotation(xrandr -o {0, 1, 2, 3})

NeilBrown neilb at suse.de
Wed Feb 20 03:05:01 CET 2013

On Tue, 19 Feb 2013 18:23:09 +1100 NeilBrown <neilb at suse.de> wrote:

>  and now it seems to work OK (though I haven't used it for long so there
>  might be other issues).

Having used it a little more I've found 2 problems, one minor and probably
easy to fix, the other a show-stopper for now.

Minor problem:  When the display is rotated, the dimensions are not updated
to match, so the 'dpi' reported to applications is different.  So if I start
an app in rotated mode it gets the 'wrong' dpi and fonts default to too small.

Major problem: resume-from-suspend will sometimes (not always) result in a
blank screen - possibly with flashing lines. Sometimes I can get it back by
changing the xrandr setting a few times, but not always.  Possibly this only
happens when going into off-mode - I haven't experimented with that.  In any
case, it will almost certainly require a kernel fix.

NeilBrown