[Gta04-owner] GTA04 and xf86-video-omapfb rotation(xrandr -o {0, 1, 2, 3})

NeilBrown neilb at suse.de
Tue Feb 19 08:23:09 CET 2013

On Sun, 30 Dec 2012 17:49:21 +0100 Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli <GNUtoo at no-log.org>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> git://gitorious.org/gnutoo-s-programs-for-shr/xf86-video-omapfb.git
> contains code for making rotation work under devices with omapfb.
>
> Requirements:
>  * "omapfb.vrfb=y" in the kernel arguments.
>  * A GTA04 (tested only on GTA04 for now)
>
> Issues:
>  * break XV
>  * Input does not rotate(you need to do it manually)
>  * Rotation can take a long time.
>  * Fullscreen games are problematic in rotated mode: they don't occupy
>    all the screen. I'm working on it right now.
>
> I use 2 scripts for rotation:
> root at om-gta04:~# cat rotate_o_1.sh
> export DISPLAY=:0
> xrandr -o 1
> xinput set-int-prop "Touchscreen" "Evdev Axes Swap" 8 1;
> xinput set-int-prop "Touchscreen" "Evdev Axis Inversion" 8 1 1;
> xrandr -q
>
> root at om-gta04:~# cat rotate_o_0.sh
> export DISPLAY=:0
> xrandr -o 0
> xinput set-int-prop "Touchscreen" "Evdev Axes Swap" 8 0;
> xinput set-int-prop "Touchscreen" "Evdev Axis Inversion" 8 0 1;
> xrandr --dpi 280
>
> 1) run the script
> 2) wait a bit
> 3) touch the screen to make the image appear.
>
> Denis

Thanks for this!!  I finally tried it and it works nicely.

A couple of things:

1/ I needed to add

#include <X11/extensions/dpmsconst.h>

 to src/omapfb-crtc.c to get it to compile.

2/ I can make the screen wake up (it goes dark when you rotate) using
    xset dpms force on

3/ I'm using 'tslib' rather than 'evdev' to manage the touch screen.
  It handles rotation automatically, but seems to get it wrong.

  I edited src/tslib.c

  And inside
     switch(rotation) {
 I interchanged

    case RR_Rotate_270:
and
    case RR_Rotate_90:

 and now it seems to work OK (though I haven't used it for long so there
 might be other issues).

Thanks again,
NeilBrown